Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

2,700 questions

3,551 answers

3,988 comments

2,286 users

cannot link photos

1 like 0 dislike
Hi. While transcribing some family photos I have taken, I've found that I cannot link the images together. When I go to select the link page, no other images show there and there is no way to search for any likely ones either. I have BG operating on a PC with Windows 10. Is there a bug here in the software or am I doing something wrong?  Cheers - Graham.
asked Mar 4 in Linking by babayaga321 BG Beginner (170 points)

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
If you took all the photos you want to link in the same cemetery family  plot or they are a family group in a row, you should be able to link them directly.

If they are not on the same monument, stone, family plot or row, you should not try to link them as the GPS mapping will be incorrect.

There is a rather labor intensive way to group images that will not link after the fact, but truthfully it is not an easy process for beginners. If you really want to try it, it is called "fake merge" and several posts are in the Community describing the essentials of the process. If you are not sure how to do it, don't. Just transcribe the separate people, and you can always put the relationships in either in notes or elsewhere in the record.

Please reply back on this thread if you need more help.

DS
answered Mar 17 by dswright BG Veteran (16,630 points)