Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

2,794 questions

3,684 answers

4,093 comments

2,409 users

how do I request a photo

0 like 0 dislike
asked Mar 14 in Taking Pictures by millert BG Beginner (160 points)

1 Answer

1 like 0 dislike

Best answer
If you don't know which cemetery to locate the grave, then a photo request will not help. You have to be able to make the request via the cemetery page. Use the search engine or the Cemetery Map to locate the cemetery where you think the person is buried.

Go the the Cemetery page for the cemetery where you are pretty sure the person is buried. Scroll down and you will see a place to enter a photo request. You must be very specific for the name or any relatives that might also be buried there,  and if you know a plot or family plot, about where the burial is located give that information as well.

And if may be some time before (if ever) your request is filled, if no one is actively working on photographing in  that cemetery or that town. Sometimes you get lucky and connect with a photographer who is working through a bunch of local cemeteries and is willing to go out there to take the photo for you.

If that should happen be sure to send the person a thankyou note!

Good luck,

DS
answered Mar 16 by dswright BG Veteran (21,480 points)
selected Mar 16 by millert
Thanks for your reply and advice D.S.Wright. ....I appreciate your help....I have made my photo request on the Glasgow Dalbeth Cemetery

Tom