Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

3,019 questions

3,936 answers

4,288 comments

2,596 users

How far in distance can a request be found

1 like 0 dislike
My profile is correct. I live in Stamford, CT and recently I got a request for Long Island National Park which would be about a 2-3 hour round trip and today I got a request for a 40 minute trip to research a cemetery. How far is the expectation for a person to travel to help another person?
asked Mar 18 in Support Requests by SandyG BG Beginner (130 points)

2 Answers

1 like 0 dislike

You should be able to restrict the range for which you receive requests.

From the Dashboard click on "map" on the Request board header.

Make sure the circle is centred on your location - the dot indicating the centre of the circle can be dragged and then saved. The default distance can be adjusted from miles to kms. I don't think the "25" can be edited.

Regards

Jeff

answered Mar 20 by Jeff Smithson BG Explorer (4,050 points)
edited Mar 20 by Jeff Smithson
0 like 0 dislike
No further than you want to go. You don't have to respond to any photo request if it does not work within your schedules/travel plans. I think BG gives them to a wide radius in hopes that someone out there will be near the cemetery and be able to do it.

What I don't know is how you can remove one from your profile if you don't want to do it. I responded to one a year ago, at a cemetery near where I usually shop, and after walking the entire cemetery and not finding the grave, I responded that the grave was not found. i still get that notice anytime I open Photo Request Frame.

Doesn't bother me; just ignore them.

DS
answered Mar 19 by dswright BG Master (29,250 points)