Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

3,200 questions

4,146 answers

2,756 users

Where is the image # of a transcribed image in BG?

1 like 0 dislike
I took a photo of a headstone and plaque dedicated to that individual whose headstone was already transcribed in BG.  How do I find the image # for a photo taken by another photographer in order to link all 3 images?
asked May 5, 2017 in Linking by mariew563 BG Rookie (570 points)

1 Answer

1 like 0 dislike
If the name shows up in the browse returns, you can click on that image and open it in the Transcription window. From there you can open the LINK andit will show the image number in blue (hard to read) letters.

BUT, if you just want to link the older one with your new photos, the easiest way is to transcribe your photos so that the entry is identical to the info in the previous photos. Save and then click on the person you just transcribed and open it in a new window. If they are identical you will see the MERGE arrow in the upper right. Click on that and check that the merge of the two sets is correct. After you have done the merge, all the images should appear together.

I usually reload the transcription page just to make sure it did merge properly, especially if there are more than one person in the records.

answered May 5, 2017 by dswright BG Master (36,070 points)
Thank you for your detailed response. I used the merge feature and it did merge properly.  Thanks also for suggesting that I check to make sure.