Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

3,066 questions

4,001 answers

4,342 comments

2,635 users

How do I find Cremetoriums

0 like 0 dislike
I can't get any records for my searches
asked May 14 in Getting Started by sandraboyce42 BG Beginner (120 points)

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
The search engine is very character/spelling variance intolerant. If you were entering your search as "cremetoriums" it won't find any.

Enter "crematorium" and United states and you will get 4 in different states.

Generally, it is better to enter as little information as needed, so long as some of the words are not too common. You should also understand that many of the places that are funeral/crematorium/burial grounds may not be listed in BG using the word crematorium in their titles.

If you are searching for places that are designated for placement of ashes (cremains) they may go under such names as "natural burial" or "cremation garden"; many larger establishments have certain areas of their grounds set aside for such memorials.

Hope this is helpful and if you need specific help searching for something, please reply here with details and we will try to assist you.

DS
answered May 15 by dswright BG Master (30,800 points)