Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

2,787 questions

3,678 answers

4,089 comments

2,400 users

Can not to where I need to transcribe

1 like 0 dislike
Can not get to image to transcribe. It is hard to get around you sight.
asked 5 days ago in Other by Glenn Clements BG Beginner (130 points)

1 Answer

1 like 0 dislike
Glenn: You are right; as a beginner I found the site and system very difficult to navigate.

If you will, please reply with more specifics and some of us other experieced users will try to guide you.

Questions:

1 Are you trying to find fhe photos that you took, so you can transcribe them?

If so, go to your dashboard on the opening page, after you logged in, and click on Transcribe. If you have your own photos in the 14-day window, it should go to them automatically. An alternative route is to click on the Cemetery in MY PHOTOS section of your dashboard.

2. Are you trying to do some transcriptions of other people's photos. In that case, again from the dashboard, the Transcribe button should open a transcription window for some image already in the public queue. Usually they are within some 50-100 miles of your location, if there are any open images in that range.

You can also use the search area at the top to find a particular cemetery that has open queue images.

3. Are you trying to transcribe on the fly using your smartphone? Please don't try to transcribe from your smart-device, but get on a regular computer or laptop with good wifi or dedicated line. The smartphone app does not do transcriptions without glitching for most people, and BG does not recommend it for that use.

If this answer does not help you, reply back here with more specific questions,.

DS
answered 4 days ago by dswright BG Veteran (21,280 points)