Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

3,100 questions

4,030 answers

4,360 comments

2,662 users

What should I do if there is no h/stone for a photo request but I've got burial details for grave?

1 like 0 dislike
Is there a way of adding the burial data?
asked Jun 26 in Frequently Asked Questions by placeofoaks BG Beginner (130 points)

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
Hi placeofoaks,

Generally what I do is take a picture with the app anyway of the location the headstone would have been, that way they can see on the map where the grave is.

Then if burial records exist, I add the information from the burial register into BillionGraves. In the box that says "Grave Information" I add that the details were obtained from the cemetery office/online register etc.

If I plan well before I go to the cemetery I will also take an iPad with the burial register details on it and photograph the screen at the burial location to make sure the details and the photo match up. You could do the same with a piece of paper or cardboard.

Cheers Jim
answered Jun 26 by Whitejaegar BG Master (89,420 points)
Thank you. Solves my problem too.