Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

2,977 questions

3,894 answers

4,263 comments

2,547 users

Merge duplicate cemetery

1 like 0 dislike
Good day!  I'm the funeral director for the funeral home that maintains the records for several cemeteries in Polk County, Oregon, and I've found your site very useful.  I'm working on getting photos of the graves uploaded, and noticed that Hilltop Cemetery, Independence, Oregon has a duplicate entry.  Could you please merge these two cemeteries, or direct me as to how to make in happen?  Thank you!

https://billiongraves.com/cemetery/Hilltop-Cemetery/83265
https://billiongraves.com/cemetery/Hilltop-Cemetery/175426

All records and photos should be consolidated into the same cemetery.

I tried sending an email to support@billiongraves.com, but I received no response.  

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any more information.  Thank you!

Andrew Phillips
asked Jul 11 in Merging by an3ph BG Beginner (160 points)

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
Andrew:

If you sent that information as given above in an email to support, they will probably act on it a couple of days. If you used the "Support" link they will send you an auto-reply email that acknowledges your message to them, and then when they have done the fix they will send another email asking you to check and confirm that it was done correctly.

If you don't get the auto-reply, try again, using the support link at the bottom of the Dashboard, and copy and paste what you have written above into the message frame. Make sure they know that there are records in both cems and that you have that good map on the one page.

When they have merged them, there will likely be duplicates. Reply back here if you would like help with clearing those duplicates. Some of us will pitch in, so you can concentrate on getting the photos done. Looks like a big job!

DS
answered Jul 11 by dswright BG Master (27,650 points)