Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

3,170 questions

4,113 answers

4,457 comments

2,728 users

photo keeps rotating when I hit the R key

1 like 0 dislike
Today, while transcribing the photo keeps rotating when I hit the R key. Other times, it adds a person when I hit the I key.  What's up with this? This is the second time this week.
asked Jul 18, 2017 in Rotating/Zooming by tuckersmom BG Explorer (1,070 points)
I have found that when this problem crops up you need to close BG, and the browser window.  

And then start all over again.

This is not a new issue, It used to happen more frequently than  it does now.  I've had this happen off and on over the years.  I don't know why.

You can try an report it to support.  https://billiongraves.com/support/
I fix it each time by just hitting my ctrl key several times.  I always thought it was my control key sticking a little.  Always works for me.

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
I am guessing you are accidentally keying a keyboard macro.

When I did a Ctrl-R it rotated the image one turn. And, Ctrl-I got the new person entry fields.

You may be hitting the Ctrl key instead of the Shift key.

I love my laptop for the most part, but the Ctrl and Fn keys are placed where they get touched when my hands get lazy, and it changes things on the keyboard responses.

Try doing these two deliberately and see if that is the issue.

Soemwhere in the site here is a list of all these keyboard shortcuts, and if you learn to use them you can speed up your transcriptions. Sorry you had the glitch, but glad you reminded me of these two.

Thanks, DS
answered Jul 18, 2017 by dswright BG Master (35,270 points)
edited Jul 18, 2017 by dswright