Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

2,914 questions

3,824 answers

4,205 comments

2,500 users

If I have a married couple with 2 different stones how do i mark married?

1 like 0 dislike
asked Aug 8 in Frequently Asked Questions by Jess BG Beginner (130 points)

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
If they are adjacent in the cemetery or with other family in a family plot, link them. Transcribe the stones, and if the wife's stone clearly states "Eleanor.  - wife of J W Harris", then that is all you need do.

If the stone is not clear but you know she is the wife, then you can put it in the NOTES as Eleanor  - wife of J W Harris.

When I am doing family plots with multiple members, like parents, a child and his/her spouse and other children, and I am certain of the relationships, I put those clearly into the NOTES section. You can also put them in "relationships on the stone" but with multiple stones, it will create ambiguous relationships, so I don't do it in that field set.

I you see or know the marriage date, be sure to include that in the data fields.

DS
answered Aug 8 by dswright BG Master (25,060 points)