Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

3,100 questions

4,030 answers

4,360 comments

2,662 users

How do I remove a duplicated cemetry?

1 like 0 dislike
I added a new cemetery twice. How do I delete the duplicate?
asked Aug 9 in Cemeteries by Gwen BG Beginner (200 points)

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
Send a message to BG support with the URLS of both the entries you created and your explanation. They will merge or remove an empty duplicate. Once a cemetery has been created we volunteer users can not remove it from the database. That is why we should be careful in our field work not to inadvertantly create duplicates.

I have been doing a lot of corrections and you would be amazed at the number of time 2 and 3 or more duplicates of cemeteries are created because people did not realize the cemetery went by different names at different times, or they did not wait for the signal that they were in a cemetery that was already in the database.

DS
answered Aug 9 by dswright BG Master (31,520 points)