Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

2,914 questions

3,824 answers

4,205 comments

2,500 users

Transcription on headstone is wrong - how do I get it changed?

1 like 0 dislike
the transcriptions on my parents headstones have errors. How do I change these? (I was not the original transcriber)
asked Aug 9 in Transcribing Images by Gwen BG Beginner (200 points)

1 Answer

1 like 0 dislike
Easy to edit a record. Open the record in transcription window, and then edit each person's record fields until they are correct. Hit Save for each person as you go. If you have more information about the from family knowledge, you can add that (lilke marriage date or maiden name) even if it is not on the stone.

There are a lot of tips for editing records and cemeteries buried in the archives of this Community. Take some time to look through and study the FAQs for pointers on these and other frequent topics.

And thanks for being part of our Community here.,

DS
answered Aug 9 by dswright BG Master (25,060 points)