Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

2,914 questions

3,824 answers

4,205 comments

2,500 users

What is wrong with the site? Half of the links have already been transcribed. A total waste

2 like 0 dislike
When you click "next", half of the time you get markers that have already been transcribed.  A waste of our time.  Will this be corrected?

Shirley
asked 6 days ago in Cemetery Filters by Shirley BG Explorer (1,080 points)
I am getting the already transcribed items, the rotating pictures that won't save, and worse yet, I am getting pictures from 2011 being linked to pictures I took last week.  I did send the information to BG Support and they did respond to send them the URL and more information.  I sent a snip of the two linked pictures from different cemeteries 6 years apart.  It will not let me unlink them either.  MAJOR problems with linkages.  I currently have given up transcribing until this is fixed.

3 Answers

0 like 0 dislike
I don't know, Shirley, but I sent a detailed message to BG support about this issue, the problem with pictures not rotating, and some other problems with the county/language/cemetery filters not working, It has surely gotten worse over the past 48 hours.

I don't care if they respond to me as long as the get these fixed. I wasted an enormous amount of time, clicking through numerous records already transcribed by ME and in only one cemetery, as many as 3-4 times in a session.

Others, please put details of what you are experiencing so it can help BG isolate the issue(s).

DS
answered 6 days ago by dswright BG Master (25,060 points)
I have noticed the same issues for the past week or so. I have also noticed that when I get/see the transcriptions that I have done a few hours or the day before, the 'others not buried here' info is no longer there. That info has disappeared.
Did you send that "not buried here" information to BG support? If not please do so, as it often happens that while fixing one thing, they un-fix something else.

Thanks, DS
I've had the same problem too.  Seems there is a lot that are NOT going anywhere.  Another bug?  

Agnes
Hey DS.  I've been having problems with my transcriptions as well.  I'll transcribe an image and see that it is still in my queue to be done.  This is nor for all of them, but a number of them.  I sent a note to BG support and received the usual no reply.
0 like 0 dislike
Shirley I'm having the same  problem too and share your frustration. Glad to see DS has reported it to support as althought I'm a BG+ member I can't be bothered as my earlier support requests have gone substantively unanswered.
answered 5 days ago by megabear BG Explorer (1,090 points)
0 like 0 dislike
I actually wonder if this is deliberate for when there are no new images to transcribe they give you previously transcribed ones to check? It seems odd otherwise. It would be good to be told if they are going to make changes like this though
answered 3 days ago by Whitejaegar BG Master (87,390 points)
I am pretty sure this is not deliberate. For some time, there have been problems with discrepancy between  numbers of available images to transcribe, with different numbers for the list in the cemetery drop-down filter, the number to transcribe when you open the cemetery page and the number of untranscribed pins on the cemetery map.  

One trick is to find a cemetery with lots of untranscribed images, and open that cemetery rather than wait for random images from the open queue. Even then, I have been getting excessive repeats of previously transcribed images, even with my own photos in a single cemetery, when I knew that there were still untranscribed images in the set.

There is some kind of bug in the fetch system, and they do not seem to be able to find it yet.

DS