Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

2,914 questions

3,824 answers

4,205 comments

2,500 users

Okay to use images for personal history documents?

2 like 0 dislike

If I'm reading prior posts and the FAQ correctly, BG owns the copyright on all images and that it is okay for me to use them for my personal, not-for-profit research. I would imagine that I can not post the images on places like Ancestry.com, but can I include them in my own biographies of ancestors and share them with family? Of course, I'll give credit to BG and the photographer, including a link to BG. Thanks for clarifying.

asked 5 days ago in Frequently Asked Questions by gramssearch BG Beginner (170 points)

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike

Best answer

Hi gramsearch,

Yes, from my reading of the FAQ and the Terms of Use https://billiongraves.com/terms-of-use/#/ 

that would be acceptable use of the images. If you're still concerned I would email support using the form at the bottom of the main BG pages.

Cheers Jim

answered 5 days ago by Whitejaegar BG Master (87,390 points)
selected 5 days ago by gramssearch
thanks so much, Jim!