Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

3,170 questions

4,113 answers

4,457 comments

2,728 users

how can i look at all the records for a given cemetery?

2 like 0 dislike
I want to be able to browse a cemetery just to see the records and images for the cemetery.  This would also help in finding duplicates, I would think.
asked Aug 18, 2017 in New to BillionGraves by HelpEagleSoar BG Beginner (140 points)

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
You can do a variety of things in the Cemetery page.

1. Use the index search area several ways. Just hit Browse and it will show you the alphabetical list of records. If you enter a letter "G" for example in the family name field, it will show all those that start with G. Can also search for specific characters in the given name field. All of these will show 1 page at a time, but if the cemetery is very large it can be quite a long wait for all the names to show.

2. Down below the image of the map, near the bottom, is the image set system. You can use the ctrl++ to get the thumbnails larger and thereby scan through the adjacent images. Again this is page by page, but I find this very useful when trying to connect unlinked family stones. Be aware that if more than one person was taking photos on the same day, these will be in chrono order not in the order in which a single person took their photos. This is why sometimes adjacent stones, will not have adjacent images in the image sets.

3. If you are working on a large project (Eagle Scout or Youth Organization and need an excel spreadsheet of the records, you can request one from BG support. This helped me when I was doing a 100% documentation of a local church cemetery, which had not been done before in BG.

4. You will need to just explore how to get the most of the cemetery page. There are not a lot of tutorials as the current version has not been active for very long.

Reply back here if you need more specific help.

DS
answered Aug 18, 2017 by dswright BG Master (35,270 points)