Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

3,165 questions

4,103 answers

4,448 comments

2,725 users

transcribe linked images

1 like 0 dislike
I don't understand how to transcribe "linked" images. Can I transcribe each image separately? I don't see an option for that.
asked Sep 6, 2017 in Linking by JDix12 BG Beginner (130 points)

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
J - the idea is to have a Record for each individaul, not each image. The images may be for two or more related persons, and there would be a record for each of them.

Transcribe one person into the open fields and then use the Add icon to open a second set of fields to transcribe the second person, and so on. There is a upper limit to the number of people who can be added in one transcription screen, but you are not likely to encounter that restriction in the usual course of things.

You might want to take a little time to go back to the FAQs at the top of the Community and read/study a little on some of the other basics for transcription. I know that it really helped up my game when I was a getting started in BG.

And thanks for being part of this.

DS
answered Sep 6, 2017 by dswright BG Master (34,510 points)