Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

3,024 questions

3,941 answers

4,292 comments

2,600 users

How do I take pictures using the application?

8 like 1 dislike
asked Aug 26, 2014 in Frequently Asked Questions by BillionGraves Admin BG Master (156,520 points)

Typically I can transcribe stones with even partial information with a little research.I am not discouraged by vegitation or decorations or older faded stones. 

The GPS tag is more important than a quality photo. As long as there is enough information to identify the person with a little research, (I usually use family search). 

Once the photo is GPS tagged it will be easier to find. Another Gps photo can always be taken later if someone wants a better quality image. A digitial camera can also be used once a record is established. The image can be uploaded directly in to the current record. 

Great or not thanks for volunteering take your time learning and ask questions. If you are one of those people who prefer to learn on your own take your time and experiment its how i learned  smiley

1 Answer

1 like 0 dislike

Best answer

When starting with BillionGraves the main focus is picture taking. The image taking process allows an image to become a record. This is why it is very importnant to understand photo taking. BillionGraves hopes that everyone will take special care to upload appropiate and transcribable images.

To get started image taking follow these steps:

Find the BillionGraves application on the Apple App Store or Google Playstore.

Simply open the app (and login if you haven't already) and tap on the "Take Pictures" button. For more details on how to do so, watch the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mLVzuCwJzU

For some more detailed tips on how to get great photos that will be very helpful for genealogists needing these records, read the following information.

http://blog.billiongraves.com/2013/02/7-ways-to-become-the-photographer-every-genealogist-loves/

answered Aug 26, 2014 by BillionGraves Admin BG Master (156,520 points)
Adding a sticky for important forum information?
I have downloaded the App but the picture button did not come, how do i get that,