Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

3,170 questions

4,113 answers

4,457 comments

2,728 users

Can you record a marriage without a specific wedding date?

1 like 0 dislike
When a couple are on the same gravestone and it is obvious that they are married (says "husband" and "wife" or "together forever" etc) but there is not a specific date, should this be recorded as them being married? How should be be done?
asked Oct 26, 2017 in Advanced by Dane Hunter BG Beginner (130 points)

1 Answer

1 like 0 dislike
Couple of ways to interpret/record this.

1. If it is a dual stone and both are listed as husband and wife on the stone, I sometimes put in the NOTE/INFORMATION section as "Daniel, husband of Dollie (Moore) Gray."

2. If I have to do any research on them, and I can document the marriage date, then I will add the marriage date in the fields for it, and indicate in INFORMATION where I got the date (SSI, or State Death Index etc.

Hope this helps.

DS
answered Oct 26, 2017 by dswright BG Master (35,270 points)
Thank you! I can do that.