Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

2,788 questions

3,679 answers

4,090 comments

2,403 users

Can I use my digital camera?

15 like 4 dislike
asked Aug 27, 2014 in Frequently Asked Questions by BillionGraves Admin BG Master (156,450 points)

2 Answers

14 like 0 dislike

Best answer

YES you can upload photos from your computer using your digital camera!

It's called the Supporting Records feature on BillionGraves. You can upload them directly to a cemetery using the link below.

http://billiongraves.com/pages/add-record/

All you have to do is:

1. Select the record type, which in this case is a "Headstone" record. 

2. Enter the information that is found on the headstone in the prompts

3. Select the cemetery where it should be added

4. Choose the image you want to upload

5. Throw your hands in the air in celebration as you have just uploaded a new headstone record!

You can do the same thing with Burial records, obituaries, Death certificates, etc.

You can read the blog article about it here:http://blog.billiongraves.com/2014/02/supportingrecords/

answered Aug 27, 2014 by BillionGraves Admin BG Master (156,450 points)
selected Aug 27, 2014 by BillionGraves Admin
Greetings:

I followed the links you gave me and still, no photos were added to "My Photos"--at least I don't see them. The only way I see the photos is if I do a name search.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, if anything.

Please advise and thanks again in advance.

Hugh
Hi Hugh,

Supporting Records will not appear in your Photos section. A supporting record is only available to see through a Search.

Thanks,
1 like 0 dislike
I have uploaded 3 photo's to records and they say they are being done then after if has gone through the upload process up comes the word 'abort'.  I have done a search and I can see the record but no photo available! In the Photo section is the bracket symbols (). I have alot of digital photos which I have taken over the years on my travels to England and around Australia which I would love to add but so far no luck!
answered Jul 9, 2015 by daniellet55 BG Beginner (180 points)
It takes an hour or two for the photo to appear.  The term Abort"  actually means delete.  Just save it and it will get processed!