Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
BillionGraves Community is moving to Forums! This page will be decommissioned on June 1, 2018. Please click here.

3.2k questions

4.2k answers

4.6k comments

2.8k users

1 like 0 dislike
I mistakenly hit Control+I twice and ended up with an extra entry field for a person. I can't find info anywhere that tells me how to delete a blank entry field for a person that is not needed.  The little pink "cancel" did not show up.  Am I missing something?
asked in Other by tuckersmom BG Explorer (1.3k points)

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
If you have already saved that Transcription Window, you can't just delete or cancel and empty record. What you have to do is ENTER DUPLICATE data into those fields, and then open the other record and do a "merge" If you don't get the merge arrow, go back to the transcription window and check that your duplicate is exactly like the other. Sometimes, there is an extra space before the family name (lazy thumbs!) or a period or a difference in one or more of the dates.

Reply back here if you need more help with doing a merge correction.

DS
answered by dswright BG Master (38.4k points)