Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

3.2k questions

4.2k answers

4.5k comments

2.8k users

1 like 0 dislike
asked in Transcribing Images by Annette von Brughan BG Beginner (130 points)

2 Answers

0 like 0 dislike
Annette: Matt and I discussed this area in the link here:

https://community.billiongraves.com/11631/grave-birth-year-death-date-does-this-mean-person-still-alive

This remains a problem for me; sometimes I transcribe, particularly when doing corrections within a family group. If I am directly transcribing from the public/open queue, I usually skip these.

I know BG wants us to transcribe all the information on the stone, so you make your own choice with these.

DS
answered by dswright BG Master (38k points)
0 like 0 dislike
Interestingly today when I logged onto Billion Graves it had a transcribing help pop-up which addressed this point. Billion graves advice is to enter the name of the living person as it appears on the headstone and enter the date of birth but leave the date of death blank (as the person is not deceased).
answered by megabear BG Explorer (2.5k points)
edited by megabear