Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

3,200 questions

4,146 answers

2,756 users

why are my photo requests not picked up by volunteers

1 like 0 dislike
asked Feb 4 in New to BillionGraves by gallina882 BG Beginner (290 points)

2 Answers

0 like 0 dislike
Hi gallina882,

Photo requests rely on volunteers living close enough to a cemetery to be able to complete a request and to also have the ability to find the grave requested.

Some cemeteries are remote and a volunteer may have to travel an hour or more to get to it. When they get there they still need to be able to locate the headstone...this can be very difficult and time consuming if the cemetery records are not readily available.

I waited 18 months for photos from a cemetery in the middle of a very large city in England...sometimes you just need to be patient and keep hoping someone will eventually get to it.

Hope this helps,

Cheers Jim
answered Feb 5 by Whitejaegar BG Master (91,380 points)
0 like 0 dislike
thank you Jim

i will try to be patient

answered Feb 6 by gallina882 BG Beginner (290 points)
Which cemetery is it Rosalie? I'm happy to have a look and see if there is any other reason your request is not being picked up.

Cheers Jim