Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

3,200 questions

4,146 answers

2,756 users

How to add change or find cemeteries for newbie user

1 like 0 dislike
I am trying to learn app and finding it confusing. I am using iphone also laptop at home. How do I add a cemetery to the list of ones that are my "favorites" i.e. ones I am willing to take photos in? How do I change a request for a grave photo that says a person is buried in a certain Catholic cemetery but the person actually is buried in a different Protestant cemetery just across the street? How do I upload the photos? I really have tried to do these things, I've read FAQs and some posts in the Community, but honestly I am not making a lot of progress and would really appreciate some help. Thank you.
related to an answer for: cannot retrieve cemeteries
asked Feb 14 in Frequently Asked Questions by Carol BG Beginner (130 points)

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
I don't know how to answer your first question, but you can set a mileage limit to define how far you are able to travel to do photo requests. I don't think adding a cemetery to "my favorites" would make it more likely you would get photo request for that cemetery, but I could be wrong on that.

As for the second question, if you are sure that the person is buried in the Protestant cemetery, not the Catholic one, you can try to message the requester to look for the burial in the Protestant one. Just reply to the request under the Catholic cemetery map.

Would you please reply with the URLs for the protestant and catholic cemetery and let me see if there are some boundary issues that might cause a grave to be listed in one when it is actually in the other. That may be the source of the initial problem. Thanks - I do these kinds of corrections a lot.

answered Feb 15 by dswright BG Master (36,070 points)