Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

3.2k questions

4.2k answers

4.5k comments

2.8k users

1 like 0 dislike
I was given a transcription task of several images taken in the War Casualties section of a cemetery.

The headstones are pretty close to each other so the person taking the pictures decided to include 6 to 7 headstones in one image. Further she covered the grave rows so that at least one grave is common in any two adjacent frames. And obviously the names are all completely unrelated.

I understand that the images should have taken differently, but it would be a shame to discard all the information. What would be the best way to deal with the transcription of these images?
asked in Military by Tactoe BG Beginner (130 points)

1 Answer

1 like 0 dislike
Would you post the URLS of a couple of examples, so we can see the extent of the issue. One way I have dealt with this in isolated cases, is only transcribe the most obvious one, and made a NOTE that the other stone is in a separate record, elsewhere in that cemetery.

DS
answered by dswright BG Master (37.9k points)