Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

3.2k questions

4.2k answers

4.5k comments

2.8k users

2 like 0 dislike
I have read on a few different answers that advise was given to click on specific cemeteries to see new photos to transcribe. I asked about this a while ago and was told not to do that because you could transcribe photos that were not "released" yet. Is this still an issue with the new program? I took pictures myself and had experienced this same thing. I went to the cemetery "browse" only to find three other transcribers besides myself. Why is this still a problem?

Tina
asked in Transcribing Images by tvbusybee BG Beginner (270 points)

2 Answers

1 like 0 dislike
Usually you can only do 1 or 2 of the unreleased photos before it tells you the photos are still blocked. I only do it for untranscribed photos that others deemed to be 'bad' !! Not always the case.
answered by Marijke Bullians BG Explorer (1.9k points)
1 like 0 dislike
If you must do this then could I suggest that you first check the date of the available photos by going to the linking page. This page has the date the photos were taken and I would not transcribe any photos that are less than 14 days old. I have never seen a warning produced when I've inadvertently transcribed a held stone and believe that by going directly  to the cemetery you may well over-ride the photographer's 14 day grace period. This can be very annoying if they wish to transcribe their own photos and for difficult stones they will often be better placed than you to do the transcription as they have seen the real stone in its actual context.
answered by megabear BG Explorer (2.5k points)