Sometime in the past week, something bad happened in the BG website.
1. My profile records changed a bunch. I had uploaded at least 4700 photos in the past and transcribed over 20,000. Now the counter says that I have only done 470 uploads and only 7800 transcriptions.That simply does not compute, as I have been a BG+ member for 32 consecutive months and at 500 transcription (or more) per month that = over 16,000 total + the ones (many) that I created while doing cemetery corrections work.
2. Also my phone will photograph and upload, but the 123 photos I took several days ago do not upload to my profile, and I can not access them to edit and link. I have sent several messages directly to BG support about this one, as I can't take advantage of good spring weather to take photos right now. Two of my local cemeteries have a lot of trees, and I wanted to get them done before the canopy closes. I also know I am not the only person who has had this issue, as yesterday while scouring the site for transcribable images I found another cemetery where there was a recent upload of over 200 photos that did not get linked to the photographer's user name.
3. The counters and filters for the languages countries and cemeteries are also a mess.
4. They have also just in the past few days made some tweaks to the web pages, and not to the better I am afraid.
5. Apparently there was a "update" to the Android app in March, which no one bothered to inform us about.
I too am concerned that this site is just about to implode. I can't take photos right now, I can't do transcriptions because there are not any in the queue, and I don't enjoy doing corrections because of issues with the indexing.
Enough of this rant; but BG needs to get their programming staff to actually try using the site so they see what the issues really are.
Hope you find your lost work.