Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

3,100 questions

4,030 answers

4,362 comments

2,663 users

How do I use the previous and next button on the Transcription Page?

3 like 0 dislike
asked Oct 27, 2014 in Transcribing Images by BillionGraves Admin BG Master (156,530 points)

1 Answer

3 like 0 dislike

Best answer

The transcription page and My Photos have some great new changes! Now, when you access your images using My Photos, the images will appear to be in the transcription page. This will now allow you to transcribe, make corrections to transcribed records, and delete non transcribed records in any given folder. 

So how do you navigate through your images? This tutorial will explain the Previous and Next Feature.

1. You will need to login and Select My Photos.

2. Choose an Image inside your Album to Transcribe

3. Notice the Previous and Next Tabs.

Note: Previous will take you to the image taken before and Next will take you to the image taken after.

4. If you need to go back to a record you Transcribed choose Previous.

Note: You can edit or add to the record by choosing the appropiate field. When finished please save your edits.

5. Click Next to Return to the Original Record.

6. You are now back at your Original Record.

Note: Clicking Next will take you the next image in your Album. If it has been transcribed you can Edit it or if it needs transcription then you can transcribe.

You must use the "Next" button at the bottom of the page in order to proceed to the next image in your My Photo's folder. If you select the "Next: button at the top of the screen you will get the next image in the general transcription pool.

The new previous and next features will help YOU control what has been done to your images and transcribe your own.

If you have questions please contact Support at http://billiongraves.com/support/

Thanks,

BillionGraves Support Team

answered Oct 27, 2014 by BillionGraves Admin BG Master (156,530 points)