Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

3,170 questions

4,113 answers

4,457 comments

2,728 users

Linking Images after the fact

0 like 0 dislike
While transcribing my own images, I realized that two pictures should have been linked, but weren't. I tried to link them, but since I had already transcribed one of the two, it wouldn't let me. Ideas?
asked Jul 30, 2014 in Transcribing Images by Desdemina BG Explorer (2,000 points)

4 Answers

1 like 0 dislike

I have noticed myself while transcribing that certain pics should be linked. In those cases in the notes section, when transcribing, I mention that a relative of this particular transcription has been transcribed prior. It may give the researcher the incentive to keep looking for more family members, thus boosting BG and the team. (Being the photographer and the transcribers).

I hope this may help solve the situation until BG comes up with a link/de-link function perhaps.

answered Jul 30, 2014 by Angel BG Beginner (470 points)
edited Jul 30, 2014 by Angel
1 like 0 dislike
Note down the full location of each of the records (copy the contents address bar of the browser) and send them off to support@billiongraves.com The support people will eventually get round to linking them, but it may take a while.

This "issue" has been noted a lot in the past, and there are moves by the BG team to have a way to link records after they have been transcribed.
answered Jul 30, 2014 by Paulwuzhere BG Adventurer (7,450 points)
1 like 0 dislike
Updated answer.

You can link an untranscribed one to a transcribed one but not the other way around. Sorry about my confusing answer.
answered Jul 30, 2014 by denis_ashton BG Explorer (1,920 points)
edited Jul 30, 2014 by denis_ashton
Sorry, I'm confused because isn't "link to an already transcribed one" the same as "link an untranscribed one to the one already transcribed" the same thing? Do you mean I could start with the transcribed one and link it to the untranscribed one?
0 like 0 dislike
Ok, thanks to denis_ashton i was able to figure this out. You have to start with the image that is already transcribed, then click on "link image" and choose the untranscribed one and it will work.

This doesn't solve the problem of what if they are both already transcribed, but it's something!
answered Jul 30, 2014 by Desdemina BG Explorer (2,000 points)