Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

2,913 questions

3,824 answers

4,208 comments

2,501 users

How to clear old photos from the app on Android (Samsung)

0 like 0 dislike
Is there any way to use the phone app to delete photos after they have uploaded and been transcribed?  I found a way to do it using the laptop and plugging the phone in as a media device, but surely there is some way to do it from the app, or am I asking too much? I don't want to do upload and auto-delete on the fly, because I am working old rural cemeteries with a lot of shade and don't always get good signals.  I have a Samsung android 4.0.4.
asked Mar 23, 2016 in Other by dswright BG Master (25,060 points)

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
From what I can tell you have 2 choices.. in settings you can set it to delete after you upload or you manually delete 1  by 1.  Which gets frustrating.  I use to do that and now I just take my photos in the cemetery, go home to upload so I am on wifi and then I have it set to delete once they upload.  I try to do my grave yard in sections so if I am having problems with transcriptions once  I go onto the website from the computer I use other grave markers before and after that picture to relocate that grave on my next trip to the cemetery.  This way I can minimize the location and go back to get the information I can't really read or to take a whole new photo.  Hope that helps.

Dara
answered May 23 by NYHendersons BG Beginner (380 points)