Welcome to the BillionGraves Community! An amazing community of users from every corner of the globe here to help you in your BillionGraves endeavors! Join the movement and connect with others to create the world's largest GPS cemetery database!
Welcome to BillionGraves Q&A, where you can ask questions, receive support, and look at answers from other members of the BillionGraves community.

3,170 questions

4,113 answers

4,457 comments

2,728 users

How do I delete a person from a grave and re upload a photo??

1 like 0 dislike
Basically what has happened is I transcribed some graves directly in the app while I was taking pictures.  When I uploaded not all the images uploaded for some reason and now I have names etc attached to pictures that don't belong and transcriptions with no attached photo.  Here is an example.

https://billiongraves.com/transcribe/?media_id=14089193

I have read the threads regarding duplicates and merging and have managed to clean up some of the records that way but how do I delete the transcription for surname "Slight" when there is no photo that I can attach it to.

Also I have now found due to these upload errors at least 5 photos on my phone that are not on the site but that say they were uploaded.  How can I re upload these photos?
asked Aug 29, 2016 in Other by pharm55 BG Beginner (270 points)

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
OK figured this out partly.  Had a light bulb moment and changed the person who I wanted to delete to one of the people that did belong and then merged the duplicate.  Can't believe I didn't think of that before.

Have also found where I can upload photos of headstones from my computer but the location data is not uploading with it so I don't know if there is a better way to do this without going back to the cemetery and retaking the photo.

Ideas?
answered Aug 29, 2016 by pharm55 BG Beginner (270 points)